PreThinking Store

 

« PALM: Don't Call It A Comeback; We've Been Here For Years! | Main | Some of the webOS Games currently in development »
Tuesday
Aug182009

App Catalog: Pay Apps lands in September, launches e-commerce Beta

Get your credit cards ready, cause Palm just announced that they are accepting pay and free apps submission today for the e-commerce beta that is to land in mid-September.

The e-commerce beta will only be opened to the US, initially. So it won't be ready in time for both the Canadian launch nor UK. Developers will get 70% of the App sales (less applicable sales taxes), where Palm gets the other 30% -- much like Apple and Google does. Developers will not be able to do recurring charges for their apps, and the apps will be paid for using Credit Cards only. Go Palm!

More details in the coming weeks Palm says.

Have an App you want to submit? Email: catalog.ecommerce.beta@palm.com

Full Details:

Starting today, you can submit your apps via email for consideration in the Palm App Catalog e-commerce beta program.

We’re initiating the beta e-commerce program so we can test the experience for both webOS app developers and users. This is an opportunity for you to submit your app and to market it to the webOS user base before we open the program to all developers later in the year.

All developers can submit both free and paid applications today for evaluation by Palm. Details of the program are the following:

  • You can charge a one-time fee for the download of your application.
  • Initially, the user base for e-commerce will be limited to the United States.
  • Developers will receive 70 percent of revenues generated through application sales (less applicable sales taxes).
  • webOS users will pay for their application purchases using credit cards and will download apps directly to their webOS device.

Acceptance Criteria

Palm will accept apps into the beta test program based on the following criteria:

  • Apps should be useful and engaging to users.
  • They need to have an appealing design and user interface aligned with Palm UI guidelines.
  • They are written specifically for webOS and not delivered through the browser.
  • They leverage webOS platform and device capabilities, for example, notifications, multitasking/background processing, location services, accelerometer.
  • They have acceptable performance and response time on the device; apps with slow UI response or sluggish performance will be rejected. Applications that consume excessive power on the device will also be rejected.

How To Submit Apps

Follow these instructions to submit your webOS apps for evaluation to become part of the Palm App Catalog e-commerce beta program:

  • Send an email to catalog.ecommerce.beta@palm.com. In the subject of your email put your company followed by the name of your application (e.g. subject: My Company – My Application).
  • In the body of your email, include the following:
    • Your Palm webOSDev user name.
    • Whether the app will be free or paid; if paid, indicate the price (minimum of US $0.99).
    • A description of your application.
  • Attach the application package (.ipk file).
  • Send a separate email for each application.

Submission Guidelines

If your application is selected for the beta e-commerce test, Palm will notify you via email and provide additional instructions.

Follow webOSdev for more information as soon as it is released!

PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

Reader Comments (1)

Every body admits that humen's life seems to be high priced, but we need cash for various issues and not every man earns enough cash. Hence to get good loans or student loan should be a right way out.

May 26, 2010 | Unregistered CommenterLenora32Hayes

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
All HTML will be escaped. Hyperlinks will be created for URLs automatically.